Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wii Sore

My back hurts. My thighs hurt. My arms hurt. My feet even hurt. Thank you Wii Fit! For so long now I've been hearing about something called "abs" but I was convinced I didn't have any, instead I just had this soft cushion all around my tummy. But lo and behold, as I pulled myself out of bed I felt it - soreness underneath my tummy flab. This is it I thought, the ab muscles everyone talks about it! I do have them! And boy do they hurt. Ah, but it's a good hurt.

Every day since Wii Fit came to live with me I've been doing aerobics (fun!), strength (intimidating), balance (ha!) and yoga (who knew?). I have roasted, torched and incinerated calories all while having fun jumping around on this little white board.

I feel real hope for losing weight and getting in shape with Wii Fit. Other forms of weight loss and exercise bore me but this has me looking forward to getting in my exercise time. I've logged at least an hour every day and I feel good. Just gotta keep it up for 20lbs. but I don't think that will be much of a problem with encouragement from Jenniffer and the Wii Fit group on Ravelry.

Maybe I'll just sleep downstairs tonight. Hurts to climb up the stairs.

No comments: