Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Year Indeed


Yes, we have arrived at a New Year. Sadly, my heart is still in the old one but I must move forward and keep moving in that direction.


So the New Year is only 2 days old and already with one exception (and a very exciting exception at that!) has been pretty crappy. My FIL was hospitalized yesterday and was told he will need a triple bypass. And after happily sending my 2 little ones back off to school today they came home with one having a relapse of the strep throat she just finished taking medicine for and the other crying over an earache. I know where I will be tomorrow. But there is one thing I know I know that I will not be doing in 2008 and that is making that stupid pig that I began with high hopes way back in June! The pig is cute, the yarn a pain. Thank you Knit Picks for the free pattern but what were you thinking with that yarn? Anyway, as of 11:45 a.m. on January 1, 2008 I officially had my first finished project of the New Year! What a way to start the year off. And now that I have set up my Ravelry account and have all of my unfinished projects staring me in the face every time I log on, I hope to add more FO's to my list. And speaking of Ravelry, it's my new favorite place to hang out. It's like heaven for knitters. And probably a very dangerous place for Jenniffer and I to be because we are both so addicted to knitting and the stash and accessory acquistion that goes along with it.

No comments: